14 July 2017
They will be responsible for partial development of the site and for uploading and integrating various data sets, current models and mapping formats etc. The officer will help develop a network and cluster of industry and related researchers and other relevant SME’s.
The successful candidate will be required to perform the following functions as part of their role:
- Develop industry needs analysis in respect of the portal project.
- Establish networks and contacts for bottom grown mussel sectors in Wales and Ireland that currently access the study area.
- Liaise with software developer for the portal.
- Be involved with the directing and training of Technical Assistants (Graduate placements) involved in the project.
- Assist with the design, function and implementation of the portal.
- Update, customise and maintain information on the portal.
- Source relevant data for the portal and transfer to a suitable format for the portal.
- Test and help debug the portal and associated applications.
- Produce reports and attend project meetings as required.
- Participate in administrative tasks related to the project.
- Participate in and help organise related information/publicity events and workshops etc.
Essential Requirements for the Role:
- ICT, Engineering, Science or related degree.
- Have a good understanding of; web site development; user interface design and requirements.
Desirable Requirements for the Role:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in as part of a team.
- Involvement and experience with similar types of web site project management.
- Full driving licence.
- GIS experience.
- Familiar with PHP, Visual Basic and other related programming languages.
- Experience in facilitating industry and other users to actively participate and use the portal.
Remuneration is in accordance with the Public Sector, Department of Finance approved Salary Scale for the ISPP Officer (HEO grade) with a salary of €47,081 per annum. The successful candidate will become a member of the Single Public Service Pension Scheme.
How to Apply:
A C.V. and letter of application, summarising experience and skill set applicable to the position should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Human Resource Manager, Bord Iascaigh Mhara, P.O. Box 12, Crofton Road, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, A96E5AO.
All applications for this post should be received by BIM in advance of 12:00 noon Friday 28th July 2017. Please note that late applications will not be accepted.