The data is grouped by fleet segment and the information submitted in aggregated format to the EU in accordance with EU Data Collection Implementing Decision and Regulation ((EU) 2016/1251 and (EU) 2017/1004). This economic information on the operation of the Irish Fishing fleet helps to inform European fisheries managers and policy makers.
Vessels under 10m
The data is collected in one survey form. Please save the forms to your computer before completing. When you have completed the form you can press the submit button which will prompt you to email the form.
- NSS Fishery 2020 - Under 10m Survey Form (pdf 2,413Kb)
Please refer to these instructions and map below to assist you with completing the survey
Vessels over 10m
The data is collected in two survey forms. Please save the forms to your computer before completing. When you have completed the form you can press the submit button which will prompt you to email the form.
- Section 1: NSS Fishery 2020 - Section 1 (pdf 2,254Kb)
- Section 2: NSS Fishery 2020 - Section 2 (pdf 2,395Kb)
In the case of multi-vessel enterprise a separate form must be completed for each vessel.
Your rights under GDPR
BIM is the data controller, we gather and process your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Irish Data Protection Act 2018 and other, applicable laws.
- The lawful bases for processing your personal information are that it is necessary for BIM to comply with our legal and statutory obligations as noted above and, it is in our legitimate business interests in order to provide you with our products and services
- We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and will not process your information in any way, other than as specified
- We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose your data to another organisation without your consent. We may from time to time engage the services of third-party service providers in order to process your data, but any such processing is done in compliance with data protection legislation, and within the terms of a formal, written contract
- We take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data, including several layers of security measures, in order to prevent unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction
- We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations
- Under data protection legislation you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. For example, you have the right to request from us, access to your personal data (Subject Access Request), correction of your personal data where it is incorrect (Right of Rectification) or erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances (Right to be Forgotten). To exercise any of these rights or for any queries or complaints you can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission should you be dissatisfied with our actions: Office of the Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28 www.dataprotection.ie
The forms may be:
- completed electronically and submitted via email to email@example.com
- printed, completed off-line and returned to:
FREEPOST : Licence Number DLY 107,
National Seafood Survey,
Bord Iascaigh Mhara,
Box No 12,
Your involvement in the survey is much appreciated.