The data is grouped by fleet segment and the information submitted in aggregated format to the EU in accordance with EU Data Collection Implementing Decision and Regulation ((EU) 2016/1251 and (EU) 2017/1004). This economic information on the operation of the Irish Fishing fleet helps to inform European fisheries managers and policy makers.
How do we collect the data?
Vessels over 10m
The data is collected in two survey forms. Please save the forms to your computer before completing. When you have completed the form you can press the submit button which will prompt you to email the form.
- Section 1: NSS Fishery 2019 - Section 1 (pdf 1,960Kb)
- Section 2: NSS Fishery 2019 - Section 2 (pdf 2,395Kb)
In the case of multi-vessel enterprise a separate form must be completed for each vessel.
Vessels under 10m
Vessels less than 10m in length will be requested to complete the following form on application for grant aid.
- Under 10m Economic Survey 2019 (pdf 2,363Kb)
Your rights under GDPR
BIM is the data controller, we gather and process your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Irish Data Protection Act 2018 and other, applicable laws.
- The lawful bases for processing your personal information are that it is necessary for BIM to comply with our legal and statutory obligations as noted above and, it is in our legitimate business interests in order to provide you with our products and services
- We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and will not process your information in any way, other than as specified
- We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose your data to another organisation without your consent. We may from time to time engage the services of third-party service providers in order to process your data, but any such processing is done in compliance with data protection legislation, and within the terms of a formal, written contract
- We take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data, including several layers of security measures, in order to prevent unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction
- We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations
- Under data protection legislation you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. For example, you have the right to request from us, access to your personal data (Subject Access Request), correction of your personal data where it is incorrect (Right of Rectification) or erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances (Right to be Forgotten). To exercise any of these rights or for any queries or complaints you can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
- You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission should you be dissatisfied with our actions: Office of the Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28 www.dataprotection.ie
The forms may be:
- completed electronically and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- printed, completed off-line and returned to:
FREEPOST : Licence No: DLY 107,
Bord Iascaigh Mhara,
Your involvement in the survey is much appreciated.