We can help your company implement a food safety management system that incorporates the Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point (HACCP) system. As part of this process:
- We can assist you in obtaining your approval number from the Sea Fisheries Protection Authority (SFPA)
- Our Food Safety Management System (FSMS) workbook will guide you through your implementation of HACCP
- You can avail of training in seafood hygiene and HACCP
- You can take advantage of BIM’s ongoing advice and assistance
- Be informed by our information notes on topical issues:
Information Note - Histamine in Seafoods (pdf 66Kb)
Information Note - Parasitic worms in fish (pdf 61Kb)
For more information contact our food safety team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Processing Capability Start Programme
This programme is aimed at assisting both start-up seafood processors and existing processors. The programme shows processors how to comply with best practice and legal obligations in bringing safe seafood to the market.
BIM can also help processing company with:
- Implementing food safety management systems
- Advice on plant layout
- Guidance on legislative requirements
- Information workshops on topics such as labelling, packaging and traceability
Processing Capability Advanced Programme
The Advanced Programme is aimed at seafood processing companies that have the capacity and potential to develop export markets.
The British Retail Consortium (BRC) certification program sets a number of internationally recognised product safety and quality standards. Most UK and European retailers require suppliers to have BRC certification, so this is a necessary step towards establishing new relationships overseas.
BIM will assist your company in preparing for BRC certification through:
- Food safety health checks
- Pre-BRC audit
- Drafting your BRC manual
- Site visits and ongoing mentoring