Renewable Energy for SMEs Seminar
Date: 10 May 2019
Venue: The Springhill Court Hotel, Waterfods Road, Kilkenny City, R95 NX32
Time: 9.30am registration and coffee, 10.00 start, finishing at 13:00 followed by complimentary networking lunch.
The BUCANIER EU Project is hosting a seminar in Kilkenny on 10th May 2019. The seminar is on “Renewable Energy for SMEs” and the audience will consist of small business owners and stakeholders from Ireland and Wales.
The agenda can be downloaded here
The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) will give an overview of SEAI supports for SMEs, which will be followed by further practical advice from guest speakers, to inform business owners on the various technologies and opportunities for energy efficiency which they could explore.
- Peter Lord, BUCANIER Project Manager, Pembrokeshire County Council
- Helen Williams, Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
- John Coleman, La Tene Maps
- Dan Twomey, Waterpower
- Pat Lee, Pat Lee Electrical Pumps & Engineering Ltd
- Noel Gavigan, Irish BioEnergy Association (IrBEA)
- Paddy Phelan, 3 Counties Energy Agency (3CEA)
- Robert Goss, Solar Electric
- Lynne Whelan, Design+ Technology Gateway, IT Carlow
During the seminar:
- We will hear practical advice and tips for using renewable energy technologies in SMEs/small to medium businesses. The seminar is targeted towards an audience of small business owners and will be accessible to those with no prior knowledge of renewable energy.
- We will network with companies in the Food & Drink, Life Sciences and Renewable Energy sectors who are participants in the BUCANIER EU programme - from both Ireland and Wales. There will be an opportunity to find out more about the programme, how it can benefit your business in these sectors and how to join.
- We hope to facilitate communications and networking on the day and to allow sharing of knowledge with renewable energy users, business owners, suppliers, researchers and stakeholders. Break-out rooms will be available for discussions.
- We hope to facilitate a selection of BUCANIER Participants showcasing what they do and what renewable energy technologies have achieved for them.
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch and network with other business owners plus BUCANIER Project Team Leaders and BUCANIER Project Officers from Ireland (Wexford County Council, Institute of Technology Carlow and Bord Iascaigh Mhara) and from Wales (Pembrokeshire County Council and Carmarthenshire County Council).
- Full agenda available on the BUCANIER website.
This event and the BUCANIER Project is supported by the European Regional Development Fund through the Ireland Wales Cooperation programme.