Owners of Registered Irish fishing vessels of all sizes may apply for the Fleet Safety Scheme grant.
Both the purchase and installation of safety equipment may be funded by the scheme. The full list of items covered are listed on the application form; these incude things such as:
- Life rafts
- Life jackets
- Distress flares
- First aid kits
- Bilge pumps
- Safety manuals
The grant provides funding over a three year period for up to 40% of the amount claimed on boats over 12 meters and 60% for boats under 12 meters. The maximum amount that you can receive depends on the size of your boat. In addition maximum eligible costs apply for each individual item:
- Vessels equal to or greater than 24 metres: max. grant €20,000
- Vessels equal to or greater than 18 metres and under 24 metres: max. grant €15,000
- Vessels equal to or greater than 15 metres and under 18 metres: max. grant €10,000
- Vessels less than 15 metres: max. grant €6,000
- Expenditure incurred (including any work undertaken, invoiced or payments made) prior to the commencement date of a project is ineligible for grant payment. The Commencement date of a project is the date shown in the Letter of Acknowledgement, issued by BIM, following receipt of a completed application form
How to apply
- Save the Fleet Safety Scheme Application Form (pdf 1,671Kb) to your coputer
- Launch the form from your computer location and complete the form saving the changes
- Send the completed application:
How long does the process take?
From application to approval under this scheme usually takes up to 10 working days but may take longer should supporting documentation or additional information to the application be required.