Owners/Operator of Irish registered fishing vessels less than 15 metres in length.
- The lobster v-notching component of the scheme provides for grant aid to approved groups (and in exceptional cases individuals) to implement local lobster v-notching programmes.
- V-Notching Lobster
Two levels of grant aid will be offered to individual or group applications for:
Solely vessels 12m or less and using non-towed gear
- Individual applications – 70%
- Group applications – 75%
In certain circumstances, agreed in advance with the managing authority, these rates may be increased to a maximum of 80%.
Vessels greater than 12m and less than 15m
- Individual applications – 40%
- Group applications – 60%
How to apply
- Download the V-Notching Scheme Application Form (pdf 1,261Kb)
- Launch the form from your computer location and complete the form saving the changes
Once you have the form, you’ll need to:
- Carefully review the terms and conditions
- Ensure you have sent us your vessels annual economic data
- Check you have included all the documentation required
- Send your completed application to:BIM Fisheries Development Division, Crofton Rd., Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
How long does the process take?
Applicants are notified within 2 weeks.