BIM Young Fishmonger Competition 2018
BIM is fishing for Ireland’s most competent, capable, knowledgeable and progressive young fishmonger. Do you fit the bill?
To Apply download the:
- Independent Seafood Specialist Application Form (pdf 825Kb)
- Supermarket Seafood Counter Application Form (pdf 843Kb)
- BIM Young Fishmonger Competition Information Note (pdf 284Kb)
The new Seafood Retail Business Award assesses and rewards excellence in the business of seafood retailing.
This includes key financial metrics, marketing and promotion, upskilling, innovation and future growth plans.
To Apply download the:
- BIM Seafood Retail Business Award Application Form (pdf 1,062Kb)
- BIM Young Fishmonger Retail Business Information Note (pdf 1,015Kb)
Our retail development programme is designed to grow seafood retail business and ensure best practice is followed by outlets nationwide.
To discuss our programme contact Lorraine O'Byrne on (01) 2144185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide educational workshops on a wide range of relevant topics.
- Seafood business planning
- Food safety management systems
- Introduction to fish handling and filleting techniques and quality assessment
- Maximising the potential of the seafood counter
- Cold chain management and labelling
Food Safety Management Programme
We will assist your retail company to implement a Food Safety Management System to ensure your seafood offering meets the highest standards of food safety and hygiene.
BIM works with each company on an individual basis providing:
- On-site mentoring on food safety and hygiene issues
- Food safety training - learn about the training
- An interactive food safety workbook.
To learn more about the programme contact Eileen Soraghan on (01) 2144112 or email email@example.com
Our publications to assist retailers
- Retail Labelling Requirements for Sale of Seafood (pdf 593Kb)
- Guidance Note for Seafood Retailers on Allergens Information (pdf 4,088Kb)
- Allergen Chart Template for Seafood Retailers (pdf 2,222Kb)
- Benefits of Eating Fish - A Guide for Retailers (pdf 309Kb) This booklet explains how you can communicate the nutritional benefits of fish to your customers
- A Retailers Guide to Cold Chain Management for Seafood (pdf 996Kb) will inform you on temperature control and time both crucial in the seafood industry
- Seafood Retail Handbook (pdf 10,824Kb) Learn about species identification, selection, storage, display and general seafood product knowledge