Trials will include but are not limited to:
- Nephrops selectivity in twin and quad-rig gears
- Fish selectivity using square mesh panels and different cod-end mesh sizes in mixed species demersal trawl fisheries.
BIM will appoint a panel(s) of suitably qualified vessels to assist in this work on full charter basis:
- As specific gear trials arise, a mini competition primarily based on price, will subsequently be run between successful applicants
- Commencing in June 2014, the duration of the panel(s) will be a maximum of three years
- Applicants will be required to provide information on their vessels and meet minimum criteria in relation to their suitability to participate in gear trials.
- 23rd May 2014 at 12:00 noon: Deadline for receipt of application for trials during summer 2014
- This is an open procedure so an application can be submitted at any time during the lifetime of this tender process.
How to apply
- For further information call 01 2144148, fax to 01 230 0564, email email@example.com or speak to your local BIM officers.
NOTE: A key element of the CFP is the progressive elimination of discards in all EU fisheries through the introduction of a landings obligations. BIM’s gear technology programme plays a major role in meeting these requirements.